50 minutes ago
30% of S&P 500 companies are due to receive earnings this week
With 30% of the companies in the S&P 500 scheduled to report, investors are gearing up for a very busy week of earnings season.
Tech titans Alphabet and Microsoft are scheduled to release earnings later on Tuesday. Meta will be announced on Wednesday and Amazon on Thursday.
All three major industrial companies report, starting with 3M and General Electric on Tuesday. Boeing is set to continue before Wednesday.
With reports from General Motors on Tuesday and Ford on Thursday, investors will gauge the economic impact of the United Auto Workers strikes.
– Lisa Kailai Hahn, Robert Humm
An hour ago
Stock futures open higher
6 hours ago
Gulf markets fell amid concerns over continued conflict in the region, US rate hikes
Stock markets in the Gulf Refused Amid concerns about an escalation of the Israel-Hamas war on Sunday and an additional interest rate hike by the US Federal Reserve.
- of Saudi Arabia Criterion code It closed down 1.5% for the third consecutive session as of October 22. Saudi Arabian bank Al Rajhi Bank, the world’s largest Islamic bank by capital, lost 2.1%.
- The Qatar code Industries Qatar fell 2.2% and Qatar Navigation fell 3% to 0.9%, extending its five-day losing streak. Qatar National Bank fell 2.1%.
- Dubai’s main stock index, the Dubai Financial Market General Index, retreated 1.5%.
- Outside the Gulf, Egypt Blue-chip code Gained 2.4%.
Monetary policy in the Gulf Cooperation Council is generally guided by Federal Reserve policies, as most regional currencies are pegged to the US dollar. The Gulf Cooperation Council, or GCC, consists of six members: Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
— Piya Singh