Israel withdraws all ground troops from southern Gaza.

The Israel Defense Forces announced on Sunday the full withdrawal of ground forces from southern Gaza.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also delivered comments at the start of Sunday's cabinet meeting, reiterating that Israel will not agree to any ceasefire until Hamas releases all remaining hostages. Most of the troops leaving in the coming days will leave Khan Younis, which served as Hamas's central stronghold in the south.

“Today, Sunday, April 7, the IDF's 98th Commando Division completed its mission in Khan Younis. The division left the Gaza Strip and is ready for future operations,” the IDF said in a statement.

“A significant force, led by the 162nd Division and the Nahal Brigade, continues to operate in the Gaza Strip and will preserve the IDF's freedom of action and ability to conduct precision intelligence-based operations,” the statement continued.

Michael Moore accuses Biden of being an 'arms dealer' for Israel's 'ethnic cleansing' of Palestinians

The Israeli Defense Forces announced on Sunday the full withdrawal of ground forces from southern Gaza, leaving a small force to maintain operations across Gaza. (AP Photo/Ohad Zwigenberg)

Netanyahu assured his cabinet that the war in Gaza would continue, however, arguing that “there is no war like this”.

Share of Americans who say they're Jewish face 'lots' of discrimination by 2021: Poll

“I have made it clear to the international community: There will be no ceasefire without the return of the hostages. It simply will not happen. This is the policy of the Israeli government and I welcome the fact that the Biden administration has made it clear. This is still its position on Friday,” Netanyahu said.

See also  How Matt Painter's chess moves and Zach Eddy's relentlessness lead Purdue to the Final Four

“One more thing I want to make clear: It is not Israel that is blocking a deal. Hamas is blocking a deal. Its extreme demands are designed to bring about a cease-fire, to leave it at that, and to ensure its survival, existence and ability to pose a threat. Our citizens and soldiers, yielding to Hamas's demands, it As promised October 7 will allow us to try and repeat the offences,” he added.

Netanyahu press conference

Netanyahu assured his cabinet that the war in Gaza would continue, however, arguing that “there is no war like this”. (GPO/Reuters)

Israel's war of revenge against Hamas entered its sixth month on Sunday, with no end in sight.

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said last week that Hamas “has ceased to function as an organization Military organization in most of the Gaza Strip,” but there is work to be done elsewhere.

Biden and Netanyahu

President Biden and Prime Minister Netanyahu disagree on plans to occupy Rafah. (Getty Images)

The IDF has been pushing for weeks to occupy the town of Rafah on the border with Egypt, which hosts roughly 1 million displaced Palestinians and is, Israel says, the last vestiges of Hamas.

Click here to get the Fox News app

Biden and Netanyahu are staunchly opposed to plans to invade the region, however, the US fears it could come at a heavy cost in civilian lives.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *